Pacific Reserve Studies
Many homeowner associations create committees that are delegated certain responsibilities or may be advisory in nature.
Architectural Review Committee
- Recommends standards and limitations on improvements and/or modifications to the Board of Directors.
- Maintains a record of all homeowner requests for approval.
- Reviews all applications from homeowners for architectural changes. Either approves the application or denies it with an appropriate explanation.
- Inspects the homeowner community for unauthorized architectural changes.
- Makes recommendations to the Board of Directors for improvements.
- Regularly inspects the grounds with the representative of the management company (and possibly the representative of the landscape maintenance company) in order to review and discuss routine landscape maintenance.
- Recommends rules to the Rules Committee or Board of Directors as it relates to the landscaped areas.
Budget and Finance Committee
Works with the Treasurer of the Board:
- To evaluate the adequacy of the monthly assessments.
- To evaluate the possible need for special assessments.
- To analyze the adequacy of reserves and reserve contributions.
- To review the procedures concerning the investment of reserve funds.
- To make recommendations to the Board of Directors.
- Makes recommendations to the Board of Directors as it relates to building maintenance and/or improvements.
- Inspects the buildings with the representative of the management company in order to review and discuss routine building maintenance.
- Recommends rules to the Rules Committee or Board of Directors as it relates to the building areas.
Prepares a list of recommended rules to be ratified by the Board of Directors, which includes the following:
- Parking/speed limits
- Pet Restrictions
- Pool area
- Use of common areas
- Plans and controls the use of the community facilities
- Plans and initiates social activities.
- Visits each new homeowner and formally welcomes them to the community.
- Asks each new homeowner whether they received the CC&Rs/Rules and Regulations through escrow and if they have any questions.
- Asks each new homeowner whether they have an interest in serving on a Committee or Board of Directors.
Coast Management of California